Being able to identify knowledge gaps and to formulate them in writing
After completion of this unit students will be able to synthesize concepts of thermodynamics, atmospheric chemistry, cloud physics and chemistry, radiation and dynamics to analyse processes in the troposphere and assess their consequence for weather and climate.
- Review the in-class problems of chapters 5 to 6.
- Review these chapters of Lectures in Meteorology if necessary to understand why we solved the problems in a certain way or made a certain assumption.
- Prepare at least one of the chemistry or dynamics problems from last year’s final exam for presentation on the board.
- Add relevant equations and constants to the sheet with the essential equations and constants you started for the previous review unit.
- Identify what you do not understand or want me to go over during the in-class time (30 minutes will be devoted for this review). I expect at least one question per student per text box. Each request must be clearly formulated and focusing on either the material of the in-class problems of units 1 to 22 and/or the material in the book.
- Send me you written questions/requests via this form by 1500 AST the day before the next class