After completion of this unit students will be able to synthesize concepts of hydrostatics, thermodynamics, cloud physics and radiation to analyze processes in the troposphere.
- Review the in-class problems of chapters 2 to 4.
- Review these chapters of Lectures in Meteorology if necessary to understand why we solved the problems in a certain way or made a certain assumption.
- Prepare one of the problems from last year’s final exam from the thermodynamic or radiation sections for presentation on the board.
- Prepare a sheet with the essential equations and constants.
- Identify what you do not understand or want me to go over during the in-class time (30 minutes will be devoted for this review).
- Send me you written questions/requests via this form by 1500 AST the day before the next class