- Explain the gas phase chemistry of the clean and polluted troposphere
- Analyze the Chapman cycle and explain the ozone hole
- Produce and solve equations of gas phase chemisrty
- Watch this video on the material that will be discussed in class
- Read chapters 5.2.5 to 188.8.131.52 (included) of Lectures in Meteorology and take notes as guided in the questionaire.
- Be able to present the material learned.
- Please answer the questionnaire by 1500 AST the day before the next class.
You can find the powerpoint presentation here.
Worked problems (optional)
The video below gives an example of a worked problem on the triad-NO-NO2-O3. It combines aspects from this unit, last unit and thermodynamics.
The video below shows a worked problem example related to the Chapman cycle.
In class, we will discuss the problems in this work sheet, among other things.