- Definition of the seven cloud microphysical processes
- Classification and description of their sub-categories
- Understanding of the competition and interaction of cloud microphysical processes
- Application of the thermodynamics of irreversible processes to discuss homogeneous and heterogeneous nucleation, diffusion, collection, sedimentation, ice enhancement, melting, and breakup processes
- Execute the concept of mass conservation to be applied when modeling cloud microphysical processes
- Differentiate between bulk and spectral cloud models
- Watch this video on the material that will be discussed in class and take notes
- Read chapters 3. to 3.8 (included) of Lectures in Meteorology and take notes
- Be able to present the material learned
- Fill out the unit questionnaire by 1500 AST the day before class.
The slides used in the video can be downloaded Unit9_ppt.