Local and regional climate
This unit combines concepts of thermodynamics and dynamics as well as radiation to describe local circulation systems created by differential heating and the related temperature, density and pressure perturbations. The locally-caused horizontal pressure gradient drives the local wind system under calm to low wind synoptic scale conditions.
After completion of this unit, students will be able to analyze
- mesoscale climate questions in the context of thermodynamics and radiation
- Review chapters 2 and 4 of Lectures in Meteorology for the exam
- Read chapter 7.3 to 22.214.171.124 (included).
- Prepare a sheet with the essential equations and constants that you will need in your final exam.
- Identify what you do not understand or want me to go over during the phone conference.
- All students: Participate in the discussion channel of this unit on the discussion board
© 2019 Nicole Mölders | All rights reserved